Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 3 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked19’s on E36 5dr

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 19’s on E36 5dr
    Posted: 13-May-2004 at 19:46

Ok all, just got myself a bargain set of League Anarchy in 19". They are 8J, and wrapped in 225/35/19. They are going to be paired with some tasty coilovers, but the question is... will they fit on without arch modifications??

I'm not sure of the offset, but I'm guessing at 42mm. Will they or won't they?

Thanks guys

Sponsored Links

Blackcat View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2004 at 21:32

Should think so my friend...surprised that they have only 225 rubber all round though, being 8J, i'm sure you could squeeze a bit more width out of 'em!!! Currently i'm attempting 255 at the back of my E36, to no avail, as it sits on the arch...a few mods later and those fat bad boys will be hugging the road (probably wear them out after a few hundred miles, but they'll look nice for a week or so)

You may not even need any mods at all.  I've got standard 15's on their at the moment, with 225 rubber on the back, and even though the profile is different and the overall size, i have no probs at all, so I shouldn't see why you would have any???

Good luck, oh and post a picture when they're on...

Burning rubber??? I prefer to think of it as scorching tarmac!!!
Zim Zimmer View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2004 at 13:13
My mate had 17inch mono arrows on his E36 4dr and it scrapped like buggery with one or two in the back and it was lowered, about 45mm cos he had Eibachs like me. So to solve the problem, we got our arches rolled, bout £50 and now hes running on 19s with 235's. With no problems.
dimension View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2004 at 21:05
they should be ok mate, aslong as the offset is correct, I purchased some wheels of ebay for my coupe, after being told they were for an e36, but the offsets when i got em were 18 and 23, so i think they were off a 5,6,7 or 8 series, and the arches sit about 2 inches in from the edge of the tyre, resting on it, was gutted.
grahamC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2004 at 22:51

i`ve got 18`s on my e36 wiv 225/40 on them they didn`t rub on the back but had to fit steering stops on the front to stop them rubber part from that it gud so u shudn`t really have a prob!

barf View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2004 at 15:41

i also have 18's on my coupe with 255 tyres on rear & 225 front. no scraping whatsoever from rear but minor rubbing when full lock is applied at the front. the wheels are bmw style 32 (the e46 alpina style radial alloys)7" fronts with 8.5" rears. also note that the suspension has been upgraded with a schnitzer sports kit, so its a little lower as well. all this with no arch mods.

can anybody tell me if coupes had the rear arches rolled at the factory???

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic