Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home - Technical & Model Specific Forums - 'How To Do'
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

E60 Parking Sensor (Rear) Replacement

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote LucasE60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-March-2013 at 20:37
GOOD DIY realy helpfully

I have same problem with sensors. I was trying to put ear next to bumber but I can't hear anything. I just bought e60 to replace from e46 coupe. 

I think maybe prev owner disconnected sensors.
Pls let me some advises

Thx 
Scob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Scob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2013 at 19:29
Hi

Do you know if there is a difference between the actual sensor differing front from rear?

Thanks

Scott
Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2013 at 19:30
I beleive so.  The front sensors are a slightly different diameter.  The rear sensors have a 90 deg fitment on them, the front ones are straight I think.

Welcome to the forum by the way.
Scob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Scob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2013 at 20:59
Thanks for the reply and the welcome
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2015 at 13:43
Brilliant Andrew, followed to the letter. Just for info The M5 bumper is exactly the same procedure. 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2015 at 10:09
Did it take you long Cambell?
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2015 at 17:34
Originally posted by Andrew Rolland Andrew Rolland wrote:

Did it take you long Cambell?
No mate, from start to finish was 1hr 5 mins, most of that was cleaning the exhausts as I was disgusted with them when I got the bumper off.

Roquesalas1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Roquesalas1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-April-2015 at 16:11
 Had a small 4mph incident at a roundabout where I hit someone up the arse. Classic I know. Straight away my all the parking sensors stopped working. No damage to body work apart froma cracked no. plate. Someone said that a plug may have come loose ? How can Icheck this and do I have to take the whole bumper off ? its an o0 plate 525d saloon. Thnaks in advance.

Roquesalas1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Roquesalas1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-April-2015 at 16:12
sorry was supposed to read an 09 plate
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-April-2015 at 08:08
Yeah you would need to take the front bumper off to check them.  Never had to take a front bumper off, the Haynes Book of Paradies will tell you how to remove bumper. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12